What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When requesting third party software support services on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, product information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
WHAT CAN WE USE YOUR INFO FOR?
Any of the data we have a tendency to collect from you will be utilized in one among the subsequent ways:
- To alter your expertise (your info helps North American country to higher reply to your individual needs)
- To boost our web site (we regularly attempt to boost our web site offerings supported the data and feedback we have a tendency to receive from you)
- To boost client service (your info helps North American country to additional effectively reply to your client service requests and support needs)
- To method transactions your info, whether or not public or personal, won’t be sold , exchanged, transferred, or given to the other company for any reason some, while not your consent, aside from for the specific purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or different web site feature
- To send periodic emails the e-mail address you give for order process, can solely be accustomed send you info and updates touching on your order.
WHAT INFO CAN WE COLLECT?
Go-McAfee.com collects info from you after you register on our web site, purchase our story or fill out a type. once registering our support type on our web site, as acceptable, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number . You may, however, visit our web site anonymously.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We do not use an SSL certificate
• We do not need an SSL because: We don’t ask for credit card numbers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
HOW CAN WE DEFEND YOUR INFORMATION?
Go-McAfee.com implements a range of security measures to keep up the security of your personal info after you place AN order or enter, submit, or access your personal info. we’ve enforced web entrance Security & CRM answer at our workplace.
We offer the utilization of a secure server. All equipped sensitive/credit info is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology so encrypted into our Payment entrance suppliers info solely to be accessible by those licensed with special access rights to such systems, and square measure needed to stay the data confidential.
Yes (Cookies square measure tiny files that a web site or its service supplier transfers to your computer’s disk drive through your browser (if you allow) that permits the sites or service suppliers systems to acknowledge your browser and capture and keep in mind sure info we have a tendency to North American countrye cookies to assist us keep in mind and method the things in your cart and perceive and save your preferences for future visits.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFO TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
Go-McAfee.com doesn’t sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your in person acknowledgeable info. This doesn’t embody trustworthy third parties UN agency assist North American country in operative our web site, conducting our business, or pairing you, see you later as those parties comply with keep this info confidential. we have a tendency to may additionally unharness your info after we believe unharness is acceptable to adjust to the law, enforce our web site policies, or defend ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally acknowledgeable traveller info could also be provided to different parties for selling, advertising, or different uses.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly